Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 2: Favorite Movie



If Only


There are so many movies I've seen (in my lifetime) but there are only a few that I would consider "favorite"... this particular movie is one of them.

If Only is about love. The kind of love that you can only find when you're in the brink of losing something/ someone very important to you (saying more would be a spoiler). The love that doesn't ask for anything more than the happiness of the one you're devoted to... The kind of love that some people would wait a lifetime to find (only to lose to their pride and selfish notions).

I realize that guys are particularly stupid when it comes to our feelings, wants and needs. They're either too dense, too stubborn or too lazy to even make an attempt to understand us. Sometimes they don't even notice that they hurt us (unintentionally?). This movie is a living testament of that.

Why this movie (out of all the other favorites)?

I like this movie because it's not pretentious nor preachy.

The guy is genuinely confused how to show his love for his girlfriend, and the girlfriend really wants to be her boyfriend's priority. Guys and girls think differently and expect different things from each other... sometimes, things that contradict each other. (example: guys want space to play games and have fun... girls want more time with boyfriend... etc.)

I had to review this movie with Don last night (because I needed inspiration in writing this entry.) and I cried (like the pathetic little girl I am).


So that's it for DAY 2 (which is actually VERY late.)

No comments:

Post a Comment