Wednesday, September 9, 2009

30 things about ME (just to get the blog started)

1.) i was the pink ranger, like Karla-chan, when i was still a girl. I used to wear shades upside down to imitate her "look"...

2.) i haven't eaten pineapple (the actual fruit) for over 15 years... but i've eaten canned pineapple and such, in the days between.

3.) when we were still friends, i used to make fun of my husband about his last name... i still do, but i can't go all out (since we have the same last name now...)...

4.) i've always been the "ugly but smart" cousin... i used to pretend to be vain just so people would think i find myself pretty... but i really don't.

5.) i'm a feminist. i hate guys who think all women are alike.

6.) i don't generalize people based on gender.

7.) when i smell new newspapers, i always think of papercut. it's so unnerving.

8.) my dad used to say "you're the Jack of all trades but a master of none." it made me believe in myself and work hard to master more than one.

9.) the one thing (i'm sure) i've mastered is the English language.

10.) some people consider me an English dictionary and a calculator.

11.) i've always wanted to tell people who ask me the meaning (of a word) to "look it up"... but i always end up telling them what it means anyway... *sigh*

12.) my brother, Xavier, and my husband, Don, are the only males i would actually trust with my "life".

13.) usually (more often than not), i KNOW what a person is thinking but i just pretend otherwise... but sometimes, i DON'T know what a person is thinking and i pretend i do... hahaha...

14.) i can more or less understand spoken japanese...

15.) i know how to write and read basic chinese words... but i never speak chinese because i know i'm bad at it.

16.) whoever i was, 4 or so years ago, is not who i am now.

17.) i've written so many stories but they're all lost amidst the old notebooks and old pad papers.

18.) i've only danced in 5 discos in my entire life. 4 of them were during the sci-high acquaintance party, and the other 1 was on the ship on our way back to Cebu from Manila (when i went to Tagaytay).

19.) i actually had to look up the plural of disco before i wrote number 18. some dictionary i am.

20.) i don't like mistakes... mine or otherwise.

21.) i also think O.J. Simpson was guilty.

22.) i've always wanted to be a detective and solve mysteries... that's why i love observing people and how they react in certain situations.

23.) i love dressies although i don't look good in them, thus avoid wearing them. (and i don't act like a dress-loving person...)

24.) i believe that everything happens for a reason and that there are no accidents without cause.

25.) i love puzzle games. i have great respect for those who can beat me at puzzles.

26.) i love to sing...

27.) i secretly want to be in a broadway musicale or sing in an opera... (i'm proud of my ability to hit really high notes).

28.) i don't wanna sing songs that divas don't sing... (therefore i'm an aspiring diva).

29.) i love my baby boo and my husband (although i always seem to be harsh on them both.)

30.) i love PUNS.

2 comments: